HEALTH AND NUTRITION

DEFINITION AND COMPREHENSION


1.    WHAT ARE HEALTH AND NUTRITION?

When we are poor, we are afraid of all kind of sickness because we know that we will be unable to pay the doctor or buy medicine. Therefore, health is our precious companion to be able to work and care of our family. Cleanness is the first and favourite friend of health.
The second companion is nutrition. The food that we eat, how we prepare and what we eat are most of the time, the source of our health or sickness.

2.    HOW WE GET SICKNESS?

Natural cause: Often, when we are poor, it is the lack of hygiene at school, at home, during the work outside... When we come back home we bring also bacteria and microbes. Then, because our nutrition is not enough, our immune system becomes weak and we develop diseases.
Psychological cause: melancholic temperament and stress and depression due to the poverty and all problem which are issued, destroy the natural energies of the body. We should get courage and joy through prayers and meditation which will give supernatural help to soul and body.

3.    HOW CAN I AVOID SICKNESS?

Natural help: The first principle to avoid sickness is simple: cleanliness and health and joy are really associated. When my home is clean, hope and joy come; when joy hope and order are in my home, health can stay.
So, when I come back to my home, I wash carefully my hands and my face and ask my children to do the same. I put everything in order, my home, my family, my body, and my soul.
Supernatural help:  Then, because I am a Catholic mother, I spread joy and hope that I get from my daily prayers. Smile, songs, beauty and good cooking will help me, creating a peaceful atmosphere which will make my husband and my children rejoice. I will find everything in the Immaculate Heart of Mary. If I get sick, I will bear it in peace because of the grace of God.


Comments